Monday, April 27, 2009

A Very Restful Monday

We kept LB up till 10 last night; he usually goes to bed between 7 and 7:30. We were with friends. We had put on a VeggieTales video and we were playing board games and having fun. So LB got to stay up late. This morning he woke up a little later than usual, but not by much: a little after 7.

Then around 9 this morning he was in need of a nap, so I put him down. He slept for four hours. I knew it was going to be a long nap! (I got to do all kinds of stuff, with the house to myself and LB asleep!) A little after 1 when I checked on him (for the tenth time it felt like) he was more or less awake. But he didn't want to get out of the crib. I switched the laundry and did some other stuff, but he still didn't want out. So I pulled the side back up and left, with the door partially closed. After a few minutes I very sneakily peeked back in.
He's sitting there, very happily sucking on binky, holding on to blankie, and playing with books. I zoomed in with the camera to get a closer shot.
He saw me! I guess I wasn't as sneaky as I thought!

He still doesn't want out though. He's still in there, talking to himself while I'm in here. On one hand I feel like I should pull him out, insist that he get dressed (it's 1 in the afternoon!!), and get some lunch. On the other hand, why should it be a fight? He wants to sit in his crib a little longer, what's wrong with that? Lunch can wait. Clothes can wait. I'm sure I can find something to do for a little while longer ;)


graphic signature

1 comment:

Laurie and Bill said...

I like the picture of him peeking through the crib slats! Awww!

Sounds like you had a nice day and LB got caught up on his sleep!