Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Palatable Tap Water

We're supposed to drink eight 8oz glasses of water every day, right? (Okay, there's some evidence out there that we don't need THAT much water, but the experts all agree that you can't overdose on water, as long as you don't hold it all in too long.) Now that I'm expecting, my midwife gave me a rather serious talk (scolding? not quite, but almost) on how important it is to drink plenty of water every day.

So, in theory, lots of water = good. In reality, lots of water = not so easy to accomplish. There are lots of tricks out there, but I wanted to share the one that's been most helpful to me in getting those 64ounces down: put a few slices of cucumber in your water! Be sure to scrub the cucumber first, or you can even peel it if you want to. If you put the water in the fridge with the cucumber, the longer it cools, the more cucumber flavor you'll get.

Enjoy!

Fore more great tips, check out Works For Me Wednesday at We Are That Family.

graphic signature

1 comment:

Laurie and Bill said...

I try to drink my allotment of water, but it's so hard to do. Thanks for the tip! I think I'll give this a try.