Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Cheese Curls


"Cheese curls Mommy!" This has been a constant refrain around here for the last couple days. However, he's not talking about the snack food. He's talking about these little guys:

If you don't immediately recognize them, it's probably because you don't have little kids who love VeggieTales. These are persistent little creatures who impersonate a snack food in the VeggieTales movie The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything.

But why was Zachary saying it over and over? It wasn't because he wanted to watch the movie - he wasn't pointing at the DVD cabinet and saying it (like he does with How The Grinch Stole Christmas "Grinch Daddy!"). No, he mostly said it when he was near the kitchen, and I realized he was saying it while pointing at our Easter Lily.
(No, that's not our lily. That's a picture I plucked from the internet because a picture of our lily plant would include a picture of the state of our apartment and I want you to look at the flower, not the pig sty we live in. I say it's because there's not enough space to put everything. C says it's because I put priority on playing and going on outings. ...even if he might be right, it still doesn't change the fact that there simply isn't enough closet space here)

Then, one day I was on the other side of the counter and I looked at the lily from Z's point of view. And you won't believe what I saw:
Cheese Curls!!


graphic signature

2 comments:

ehart said...

That's funny.

I've never seen VeggieTales so I was thinking the top cheese curl.

But no matter which cheese curl you're thinking, his cheese curls do resemble them.

Laurie and Bill said...

Oh dear! That's amazing that you figured that out! How awesome! He has a good eye for detail!