Saturday, May 9, 2009

Slow and Steady

I was on my way to MOPS yesterday, driving along a two lane road with a suicide lane, going right around the speed limit, which was 40 MPH. In my rear view mirror, the car behind me was right on my bumper. I resisted the urge to slow down (you know, just to see if he'd pass in the suicide lane - wouldn't be the first time). As we neared the intersection, our side of the road adds a lane. The car moved over, passed me, then moved back over in front of me just in time for the stop sign. He turned right, I turned right. At the next intersection, he just slid through the yellow light and I had to stop. (This didn't bother me in the slightest; I needed to put lipstick on.)

Several intersections and minutes later, I was pulling into the turn lane to get on the parkway and who do you think was stopped at the red light, right in front of me? I smiled all the way to MOPS. Just goes to show ya: impatience doesn't get you there any faster!

graphic signature

No comments: