Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Bread Ingredients

We've been making homemade bread for sandwiches recently. The loaf disappears pretty quickly - our loaves aren't as long as store-bought loaves so there aren't as many slices. It's easy to forget to make a new loaf before running out. So over the weekend, I tried to make my life a little easier: after getting the ingredients in the machine, I measured out the dry ingredients for the next loaf and put them in a plastic bag with the rest of the ingredients written on the outside. I put the bag in the freezer so it'll be all ready to go when this next loaf runs out! I felt very clever. The silly part is that there are many more wet ingredients than dry ingredients, so maybe I didn't really save myself any time at all!


graphic signature

No comments: