Friday, March 6, 2009

Market Bag

This is my "market bag". I don't actually take it to the grocery store, but I have used it a couple times. I mostly use it to contain a current crochet project. It's made with two balls of that yummy cotton yarn (Peaches and Cream? I think?). The pattern calls for three balls, but I managed to eke it out of two. I felt very thrifty.

The whole thing is worked in the round from the bottom up. I didn't count my stitches at the end of each round, but when I counted them at the top, I had many more stitches than I was supposed to. Somehow I'm adding stitches. It's something about the way I join rounds in single crochet (I don't have this problem in double crochet). I need to pay better attention to what I'm doing (and counting stitches wouldn't hurt).

graphic signature

2 comments:

Laurie and Bill said...

Very nice, Jennifer!

I have a problem sometimes with adding stitches with single crochet too, that I don't do with double crochet. I think it's because that little stitch is harder for me to see??!??

Jennifer said...

I'm going to pay really close attention and count my stitches next time I do one of these. I'll let you know what I'm doing wrong. I know it has to do with that little slip stitch that joins each round. I must be slipping into one stitch too early. But I'll let you know.