Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Must....Find....Motivation....

I'm struggling this morning. I want to just sit here, sip my coffee, and browse the internet, pursuing any link that interests me. But I have work to do. The problem is that I'm frustrated with the work. It feels like no matter how hard I work, it's all undone the next day. And there's no penalty if I DON'T do it. It just sits there and waits for me. Take the kitchen for example. Without going into detail, let's just say that it didn't get cleaned up after dinner one night. The next morning I worked on it, but didn't finish. That evening, we just piled more dirty dishes on top and left it. Now, this morning, I have a mountain of dishes and very little motivation. (It doesn't help that I've put holes in my last pair of rubber gloves, so my fingers get all wet and clammy.)

I'm supposed to work on straightening the desk area that's covered in papers and whatnot. But it feels like they'll just pile up again. What's the point? So what if the cats get muddy pawprints and cat hair all over everything? I know which piles things are in, how is that different from filing them in a cabinet?

I'd rather research a business idea DH and I had. I'd rather work on a sewing project I'd like to finish by Sunday. I'd rather finish any of the crochet projects I've started and never finished. I'd like to feel like the work I spend my time on won't be undone before I go to bed!

Well, I CAN'T just sit here, feeling sorry for myself. LB will only sleep for so long. I'll take another slug of coffee, turn up the music, and drown my sorrows in dirty dishwater. Thanks for joining my pity party.

graphic signature

2 comments:

Laurie and Bill said...

Oh, hugs to you Jennifer! We all have days like that.

I remember having those days when DS was little. I remember have a few of those days when DS wasn't so little too.

Hope you feel better soon! I also hope you find time for those little things that you enjoying doing too!

Anonymous said...

Just think, if you don't do it, it'll just get bigger. (Don't ask me how I know this.)