Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Cat bait

I caught my cat Beau on the counter this morning, drinking water out of a mug. We bought a fancy water fountain for our two cats, but every now and then it's apparently not good enough for them. As I was dropping (not literally) dishes into the dishwasher, I decided that the hard sugar stuck to the bottom of the sugar bowl wasn't worth saving and it's time to wash it before refilling it. The sugar is so hard that the bowl needs to soak. I realized that I just left a bowl full of water sitting on the counter and that it might look mighty inviting to a thirsty kitty. Do cats like sugar water? Is it wrong of me to leave the lid off the bowl to find out? Eh, who am I kidding? Cat have such good sniffers, there won't be much of a show.

1 comment:

Laurie and Bill said...

OOOH! My kitty does that, too. She annoys me when she does that. I don't like her on my counters, but I'm sure she's walkin' all over them while I'm at work all day.