Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Hydroplaning

Have you ever wanted to experience hydroplaning? You know, one of those things they try to scare you with in driver's ed. It's when you drive through standing water and your tire no longer makes contact with the pavement.


You know it's a dangerous situation, but you were always slightly curious what it's like, right? Well, Nashville is the perfect city for hydroplaning: we get lots of rain in a short period of time, and the roads don't drain well, so there's plenty of standing water, even on the freeways! You'll want to try it at night. There are lots of roads without streetlights, so you can't see where the puddles are, and you're too focused on staying in your lane because the lane paint/tape has lost all reflective abilities. So the standing water will take you by surprise, thereby increasing the thrill of the whole experience. Right?

3 comments:

Laurie and Bill said...

Hey! I noticed "Maybe I'll Blog" on your blog roll! Thanks, I've added you to mine, too.

Hydroplaning! I don't purposely go looking for it, but I do live in the great, snowbelt of the north. Evening drivings are more about watching for black ice. But since black ice is invisible to the eye, ummm, it's hard to 'watch for it.'

Your little guy is the cutest ever!

Blessings,
Laurie

Jennifer said...

I should hope no one goes looking for trouble! I was being a little sarcastic...
Thanks for visiting!

Laurie and Bill said...

LOL! I was being sarcastic, too!