Saturday, December 6, 2008

Fast Food Junkie

We went to Hardee's (Carl's Jr. for you West Coast folks) for lunch yesterday. I love fast food hamburgers. Especially at Hardee's/Carl's Jr. I feel a little guilty feeding it to DS. He doesn't eat the lettuce, and I'm not sure the pickle counts as a veggie (although he didn't eat that yesterday either). Isn't it funny how we as parents are so concerned about what we feed our children, but we don't bat an eye at eating that stuff ourselves? Maybe it's because we're choosing to eat unhealthily for ourselves, but when we make the choice for someone else, we want to act more responsibly.

My guilty feelings didn't stop us though. DH and I had big, fat, juicy hamburgers and we got a kid's burger for DS. All he ate was the bun. Oh well. At least it looked like he enjoyed his meal as much as we enjoyed ours.

No comments: